Skip to main content

Do what makes you happy!

Hi Everyone, it's Danie here with you today..........for our Peace, Kindness and Love Month.

Being kind to yourself is sort of my theme for my creative play today but it started with thoughts that today as this post goes live is Australia Day.

For my creative process today I am following my passion, doing what makes me happy and making my mark.  My passion is being creative, getting messy and playing with my Gelli Plate which always makes me happy.  So I chose Australian Colors (Red, White and Blue and Green and Yellow) and created a whole heap of prints on my Gelli Plate.  For these prints I actually did make my own marks which I will share the 'How To' with you all another time. 


I then took some of these and added further to the prints with some stamping and stencilling.  I used the circle background stamp to coordinate with the circles already on this print.




The prints are perfect to use for a wide assortment of projects.  Today I am using them for another love of mine which is to create ATC's and small makes to swap so I reached for some Eco Art Boards to use today. 



These come in a variety of sizes ATC's, Twinches, Moos etc.  I painted the back and sides of each board with black Acrylic Paint.

After cutting down my Prints to the rough size of the board I then chose some dancing ladies from a Collage Sheet and stamped some inspirational quotes which are perfect affirmations/intentions for the New Year.




Once glued down I then trimmed the edges of my background and inked the edges in black to
blend into the black painted edges of the art boards.



Having a few off cuts from the my Prints left over I used some of these to create some twinches on the artboards of this size.






Some of the butterflies from the Beautiful Butterlies Collage Sheet are the perfect size for these Twinchies and with the addition of some magnetic sheeting would make great fridge magnets.   While my ATC's are perfect to display on a small easel as a reminder to myself to make this year the best yet!

I hope that 2017 is your best year yet too!

Danie xx
 

 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get on Over!

We like having you visit,  Make sure to subscribe... Just click here - easy peasy November will be filled with Die Cut ART,  join us. Embellish premade pieces art by Barbara Rankin Cut your own pieces Paint or Foil to add interest art by Lyneen Jesse Combine Die cuts in a variety of mediums art by Jean Moore Create with your manual die cutting machine  or buy premade
 Handy Tip for Artists, Recyclers and Neat Freaks! I have a follow-up to the Citra-Sol method for creating fabulous background pages and collages.   I bought a big bag of navel oranges and realized I had the ingredients to make my own solvent!   Simply take a clean glass jar, peel the rind from the oranges and place all the rind/peels, without the pulp (tangerines, oranges, navels) into the jar.   Pour enough vinegar over the peels to cover them.    Allow the jar to sit for a week or two and VOILA!     You have made your own solvent for literally pennies.    You will notice the liquid getting a bit thicker than the plain vinegar and it does not smell bad!!! I now have a  HUGE jar on the window sill!       Be careful and only use this after testing on a safe spot.

DINA WAKLEY Featured Artist

We are SO Proud to present Dina Wakley with her ART and February Tip   (oops, she says she is totally disorganized, so there is HOPE for all of us!) Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops.  She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art. As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.  Dina's books Art Journal Freedom and Art Journal Courage are available now. Also look for three new North Light DVDs starring Dina, available this month: "Art Journal Mark Making and Throwing Ink," Art Journal Color Courage," and &q